Covid-19 Customer Guidence & Business Continunity
18th March 2020
COVID-19 is bringing great change to the UK and it’s clear that lots of things are going to have to adjust in order to help us all manage, although we shall endeavour to provide business as usual.
At Perrys Recycling, we have been doing everything we can to maintain service levels. In the last few weeks, we have seen significant demand in the supply chain for goods and packaging which is being reviewed, and resources being geared up according to the latest Government announcements.
In order to protect customer service levels and protect staff welfare, we are implementing the following control measures.
• Regular Hygiene cleaning with collection drivers, production and office staff.
• Providing appropriate PPE to all staff.
• Social distancing with all staff, customers and contractors.
• Reviewing our business continuity & sustainability plans, staff, resources, suppliers, Recycling Mills and General waste ‘Energy from Waste’ outlets.
• Please also see our Customer Guidance leaflet attached.
LATEST…….. ‘The Government has just announced that Recycling and Waste Sector employees have now been granted ‘key worker’ status, allowing for the continuation of the collection of materials, which are vital in producing more packaging for essential medical supplies, food and toilet rolls.’
Please bear in mind that we have to follow Government guidelines and will monitor developments accordingly. Should you wish to contact us to review your service arrangements, please contact your local Transport Coordinator or Account Manager directly.
In the meantime, wishing you and all your staff the very best in these challenging times.
Thank you for your support.